epoxy resin art ideas, epoxy resin artwork, flower epoxy resin art, epoxy resin art for sale, DIY epoxy resin art, epoxy resin art jewelry, table top epoxy resin art, how to do epoxy resin art
Products made from Epoxy Resin Artwork are counted among the valuable products in the current market because epoxy resin art making business has many advantages. For example- increasing demand for products, manufacturing products is an easy, risk-free and cheap process.
If you are interested in starting epoxy resin art making business then it is important for you to be aware of the challenges faced in epoxy resin art business.
If you are passionate about epoxy resin art making business and are willing to work hard, then you can start Epoxy Resin business. This will help you increase your income and live a financially secure life.
So the question is, what components and materials does an aspiring entrepreneur need to start the business of epoxy resin art? Let us understand the epoxy resin art business plan in detail-
Importance of Epoxy Resin Art-
Creativity is never dependent on anyone. Today, there are many areas from where people are making very good profits from the beautiful artwork created by them.
At present, resin art has brought a revolution in the field of art (resin art business ideas), which any interested person can adopt with a very small investment and can also earn profit by selling the artwork made by themselves.
So before starting the business of Resin Art, it is important for the aspiring entrepreneur to understand some things. For example-
- Epoxy based Resin Art can be made in both ways, either singly or in groups.
- If you want to start this business alone, then there is no dearth of possibilities in resin art.
- By working in an organization or group, any special or big objective can be accomplished very easily.
- Neither electricity nor any special place is required to start Resin Art business. It can be started very easily from any small room of the house.
- Anyway, resin art business in India has been going on since ancient times.
- Epoxy is used extensively to keep things beautiful, safe and durable.
Before entering or starting the business of resin art, let us know what epoxy is in resin art and what materials are required to prepare it-
What is epoxy?
Epoxy is a type of adhesive mixture, which is prepared by mixing balanced quantity of hardener and resin (Hindi name – Raal), the glue obtained as a result is called epoxy (super glue). Commercially, epoxy is made in the laboratory through artificial methods or scientific methods.
Epoxy is a hardener and resin is gel glue. When both are mixed and dried in balanced quantity, the result is a transparent solid shape (product), which can be used for a long period of time.
Raw material for resin art (epoxy resin art materials name)-
To start any kind of business in the field of art, some essential materials are often required. Similarly, the raw materials and goods required to start the business of epoxy resin art are mentioned below-
- Epoxy resin art molds (Silicon Molds) of different designs/as per requirement
- Epoxy Resin and Hardener (Chemicals)
- Plastic Disposal Glass/Bucket
- Sticks/Toothpick or Mixing Machine
- Pigment/Mica Color
- Transparent color (optional)
- Mini Weight Machine
- Heat gun or Isopropyl alcohol
- Hand Gloves
How is it used (epoxy resin uses)?
To make epoxy based fancy earrings & tops, bangles, pendants, key rings, show pieces, table tops and other fancy products on a small scale, a balanced mixture of epoxy and resin has to be prepared. To prepare this mixture, the ratio of resin and epoxy is usually taken in the scale of 1:1 or 2:1.
But this mixture varies according to the quality of the product being manufactured and the requirement of the consumer. Let us know – how to start epoxy resin art business on a small scale (from home) for making jewelry, ashtrays, key rings, counter tops, epoxy resin table tops, decorative items and paintings etc.?
Making fancy earing & tops, bangles, pendants, key rings under epoxy resin art-
- Ratio of resin and epoxy = 2 : 1
- Silicon Molds = as desired
- First of all, wear hand gloves for safety.
- After this, prepare the epoxy mixture in the prescribed proportion and also add the desired color.
- After this, slowly make a ridge in the silicone mold and fill the prepared mixture.
- After this, spray isopropyl alcohol or use a heat gun to remove excess air bubbles.
- When the surface of the mixture becomes flat without bubbles, it is left to solidify for about 24 to 48 hours. Once solidified, your desired product is ready to use.
- You can watch many videos on YouTube to get innovative jewelry creation business ideas related to epoxy resin art craft.
- Both epoxy and resin components are measured in weight(grams) weighing units. Therefore, it is important not to measure the two components by guess not to measure ml/liter.
- It is important to maintain a balanced ratio of epoxy and resin; otherwise the manufactured product will not be solid/hard.
- The process of mixing epoxy and resin should be done carefully and safely. Mix both the components in the same rhythm (clock wise or anti clock wise).
- Use only clear epoxy resin to make decorative items.
Challenges in Epoxy Resin Art Business-
Creating Epoxy Resin Art is an easy process. Therefore, there are fewer challenges in this business. You may find it a little difficult to find buyers for your product. You can overcome this by investing in online marketing and better branding of the product.
To deal with business related problems and business challenges easily, you should also keep an eye on new technologies and active developments in the market. To compete in the industry, you need to focus on developing the latest ideas, trends and designs in the business.
On which materials is Epoxy Resin Art used?
Epoxy resin is currently a component that can be used on almost all surfaces and products, which can not only be protected for a long time, but also can make the desired project beautiful and attractive. Generally, in the field of art, those components are chosen which are mostly used in daily use.
The list below contains all the main components and surfaces on which epoxy resin art is made or crafted in large quantities.
- all types of wood
- All metals (except mercury)
- all types of glass
- all types of pottery
- rubber, leather, cardboard
- all types of plastic
- all kinds of flowers
Apart from this, epoxy resin is also used extensively in wall/surface beautification and floor beautification (epoxy flooring).
Cost of Epoxy Resin Art Business-
The setup cost of Epoxy Resin manufacturing unit is not very high. The total investment required to start an Epoxy Resin manufacturing unit is quite low. Investment includes the cost of the desired location, machinery (optional), equipment, raw materials and salaries of employees (if any) etc.
These are the basic requirements for setting up an Epoxy Resin Art Business. Investment in this business may vary depending on the level of business. Big expenses may be incurred in purchasing construction material in bulk and renting space.
The potential cost for setting up a small scale Resin Art Business or manufacturing unit can range from Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000. This cost also depends on the production capacity of the business and the branding and marketing of the product.
If you want to start this business on a large scale, then to start it on a large scale you will have to invest around Rs 50 thousand to Rs 5 lakh.
- If you are new to this business and do not want to invest much in the initial phase, then start it on a small scale.
- By starting on a small scale, on one hand you will be able to assess the market well, on the other hand you will also be able to know how much and at what level the demand for the product manufactured by you is happening.
- As your business grows, you can easily expand it to a larger scale.
Removing epoxy resin from unwanted area-
Once the epoxy resin dries and hardens, it becomes very difficult to remove. However, it is not impossible! Attempts to remove epoxy glue are made by the following methods-
- Scrape the affected area with sand paper – If only a small amount of epoxy has dried on the affected area, it can be easily removed by scraping it with sand paper.
- Use acetone- Acetone can be effective on wood and concrete surfaces. Acetone can loosen the epoxy, once loosened the epoxy resin can be peeled off from the affected area.
Note- Acetone is a flammable chemical, so use it only in well-ventilated areas, and also keep acetone away from any flammable object.
- Use a heat gun- While using a heat gun, you must wear thick gloves, goggles and a mask. It is also important to ensure that your skin is completely covered. Heat the unwanted epoxy applied areas with a heat gun at a temperature of approximately 90 degrees Celsius until the affected area softens. Once softened you can use a peeler to remove the epoxy.
- Use chemicals- If you are removing epoxy from plastic or glass, you can use chemicals to soften the epoxy. If the epoxy has only dried, soak a cloth in methylated spirits and wipe the surface to remove the epoxy. If the epoxy has dried and hardened and may prove a little stubborn to remove, use paint thinner first to soften the hardened epoxy resin.
It is important to take precautions when using these methods and working with epoxy, and use protective gloves and skin protection clothing as a priority.
Removing epoxy from skin-
First of all, you should protect your skin from coming in contact with epoxy, for this you should work only by wearing gloves. Even after this, if epoxy gets on your skin, you need to take immediate action to get rid of it.
Here are some suggested methods you can try to remove epoxy from skin-
- Use vinegar: Cover the affected skin with a cloth soaked in vinegar. The adhesive epoxy begins to soften and begin to separate from the skin. Vinegar works on both glued and unglued epoxy resins.
- Acetone: Apply acetone on cotton, tissue paper or cotton cloth towel and rub it gently on the affected area until the epoxy is removed from the affected area. Acetone should be used only in open airy places because acetone is a flammable chemical. Keep acetone away from any flammable objects.
- Citrus-Based Water less Hand Sanitizer: When all else fails, the last resort you should use is a citrus-based water less hand sanitizer. It can make your skin softer. Apply this hand cleaner to your skin, then scrub and wash with warm water.
Note- Both the substance you use to remove epoxy resin from the skin can be a little harsh on your skin. When you remove the epoxy from the skin, be sure to use a body lotion or Vaseline to protect your skin.
Epoxy resin art business registration-
Although an entrepreneur who wants to start the business of making epoxy resin art does not require any registration, but to sell the manufactured product in the market on a commercial level, the entrepreneur needs to get GST No. It is necessary to take.
Apart from this, as your business grows. You can also register your enterprise under MSME. Registration makes it easier for you to get loans etc.
Profit in epoxy resin art business-
According to recent market research, the epoxy resin market made a profit of approximately US$9.1 billion in 2021. By the year 2028, this profit is estimated to reach approximately US $14.7 billion.
These figures prove how much the epoxy resin industry is attracting interested entrepreneurs and artists who want to increase their income by adopting this business.
Profit in this business depends mostly on the quality and beauty of the product. Roughly, up to 200% profit can be easily made on the cost of each product (epoxy resin art for sale profit).
Why is epoxy used?
Epoxy resin is used to make new and old objects/things durable, beautiful and attractive for a long time.
How long does it take for epoxy to dry and harden?
Any product manufactured from epoxy resin may take a maximum of 24 to 48 hours to harden.
At the end-
Our aim is to provide the best information to those interested candidates, entrepreneurs, businessmen, traders and businessmen who are willing to do epoxy resin art business and are looking forward to their future in this business.
Note – Before starting any business, it is mandatory to do market research and consumption assessment. By doing this, it will become easier for you to face the risks and difficulties in business and you will also be able to manufacture your products well as per the demand in the market.
Hope you must have got important information about resin art making business/business, trade and business from this article ‘Start epoxy resin art making business at home’ , and also… If anything is missing or you want to ask something. So please write in the comment box. till then-