Natural plaster which is called as Vedic plaster or cow dung cement. Due to the continuously increasing temperature of the earth, the demand for natural/prakritik plaster is increasing day by day in the market, because the construction (buildings etc.) built using natural plaster or Vedic plaster has the special quality of controlling the temperature naturally and it is also more durable than ordinary cement.
While on one hand natural/Vedic plaster controls the temperature of the building, on the other hand Vedic plaster also works to clean the vital air inside the building. From utility point of view, the business of making natural plaster is such an innovative business idea …
Which can prove to be a high level profitable business for the aspiring entrepreneur in future, and the most important thing is that there is no need of huge capital to establish Vedic/Natural plaster manufacturing business.
So let us tell you what things, components and machinery will be required to set up the business of making natural Vedic Plaster? Also how much space will be required and what registrations will have to be done? Before all this, let us know about the benefits of Vedic plaster made from cow dung-
Benefits of Cow Dung Vedic Plaster-
Vedic/Prakritik plaster made from cow dung is a mine of many properties. For example-
- Vedic plaster does not require curing. This means that after building a house, it can be used for living immediately.
- Buildings constructed using Vedic plaster has the amazing quality of controlling temperature.
- The walls of the building constructed using Vedic plaster are fire resistant, sound resistant and helpful in preventing radiation (like electric products and others) etc., which cannot be done with ordinary cement.
- Vedic plaster is a natural air filter, which works to purify vital air by absorbing water vapor and excess carbon from the atmosphere.
- Natural/ Vedic plaster has much higher strength and longevity than existing ordinary cement.
- After applying the Vedic plaster made from cow dung, it can be directly painted with the desired color (natural/Vedic paint). Where as after applying cement plaster, putty and primer are required.
- Vedic plaster is a positive initiative to preserve the environment and cow progeny, whereas the use of existing cement emits large amounts of carbon.
Required area to establish natural Vedic plaster business-
To start the business/enterprise of making natural plaster or Vedic plaster from cow dung on a commercial level, at least 1500 to 3500 sqft of space will be required. Where apart from keeping the raw materials and finished goods safe, the locations of the machines have also been determined in advance.
To start the business of making natural plaster products from cow dung, a place is selected which is slightly away from the market area and there is proper arrangement for the movement of vehicles and customers at the selected place. It is mandatory to have electricity etc. arrangement at your selected place.
Having a larger space provides another advantage-on one hand you can attract your customers by exhibiting cow dung based products, on the other hand the customer/consumer can also experience the product manufacturing process at your place. From a business point of view, this type of move always indicates the possibility of a good profit.
Requirement of personnel in Vedic plaster business (Required Manpower)-
At a commercial level, at least 5 to 10 manpower/persons are required for the successful operation of a factory for making natural plaster from cow dung. These employees can be trained laborers, machine operators, managers, accountants, marketers and cleaning workers etc.
Registration for Vedic Plaster Making Business-
To make cow dung based products and sell them in the market at a commercial level, it is mandatory to register Gobar Products Manufacturing Business. By registering the business, the government also provides facilities like loan and subsidy to start the business. Along with this, options like business insurance also become available.
To start cow dung product manufacturing business, certification has to be done with the following proofs-
- MSME (Enterprise Registration)
- GST No (Tax Registration)
- Factory License
- Trade & Trademark License
- IEC Certificate
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) No Objection Certificate from Pollution Control Board
Required Raw Materials for making Vedic plaster-
To start the business of making natural plaster from cow dung, an interested entrepreneur will require the following natural raw materials/materials-
- Cow dung (Powder) – 120 grams
- Gypsum (Powder) – 700 grams
- White Limestone (Powder) – 40 grams
- Sand (Fine Powder) – 60 grams
- Guar Gum – 0.10 grams
- Lemon juice/citric acid (Powder) – 0.01 grams
- Since natural plaster absorbs water vapor and carbon from the atmosphere, there is a need to take special care of the area climate before making natural plaster.
- You know that many Asian countries like- Bharat, Pakistan, Nepal etc. has all four seasons due to which the maximum change in climate/temperatures seen in the regions/states here.
- With slight changes in the method mentioned above, Vedic/Natural plaster can be successfully manufactured for every climate and temperature.
Required Machinery for Making Vedic Plaster-
To make Vedic plaster from raw material commercially, mainly machines are used-
- Gobar Pulverizer Machine (Gobar Grinding Machine – making fine powder)
- Stone Crusher & Powder Making Machine
- Mixing Machine
- Weighing Machine (scales)
- Packing Machine (for packing sacks/packets etc.)
- These machines are used to finely grind gypsum, lime and clay etc. as raw materials.
- In the present market, all these materials are also available in ground form; you can choose any material as per your convenience, whether solid or ground.
- To make fine powder of cow dung, it is necessary to get a cow dung pulverizer (drying and grinding machine).
Vedic Plaster Making Process-
At the commercial level, the process of making Vedic/Natural plaster is completed in three steps-
- First of all, all the materials selected as raw materials are finely ground one by one with the help of machines and their powder is prepared. Here, careful attention is required to the fine grinding of materials.
- After this, the different prepared powders are mixed together as per the standards. The mixing process here may take a few hours.
- After this, the mixture obtained which is known as natural plaster, is weighed with a scale and filled in sacks/bags as prescribed or as desired. Which can be sent to the market for sale?
Training for Preparation of Vedic Plaster-
Dr. Shiv Darshan Malik, resident of Rohtak, district Haryana, has invented completely Eco-friendly Vedic Plaster after understanding the usefulness of cow dung.
Apart from this, Dr. Shiv Darshan Malik also provides training to interested entrepreneurs on products made from cow dung. Any interested person can go there and contact him for training.
Vedic Plaster Business Cost-
To establish the business of making natural/Vedic plaster on a commercial level, an investment of about Rs. 05 to 12 lakh is required including all the necessary materials like raw material, machinery, labor and packing etc.
This expected cost amount partially includes the fee for the selected rental location. This potential cost amount may vary if you have your own space. Before investing in machines etc., make sure that you want to start your business on a small or big scale.
Loan for Vedic Plaster Business (Business Loan/Subsidiary)-
To promote small scale industries and Waste to Wealth, the Government of India has provided financial assistance under Make in India through Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY), Skill Development Scheme and Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) etc. at the total cost of Rs. Subsidy/grant up to % can be easily availed.
For this, you will have to apply under the government scheme through the registration number of your company/firm.
To avail the benefit of subsidy/grant for small scale industries under government schemes, it is mandatory for the interested entrepreneur to register his business under Micro, Medium and Small Industries/Enterprises (MSME).
After registration, MSME will send the details of the desired business to the bank. Where the subsidy amount is deposited in the account of the same bank within 05 to 07 working days after the loan is approved by the bank.
Profits in Vedic Plaster Making Business-
The total cost of Vedic Plaster/Dung Cement per kg including packaging comes to around Rs 04 to 05 which is sold at the rate of Rs 10 to Rs 13 per kg in the current market. The profit can be easily made in Vedic plaster at the rate of Rs 06 to 12 per kg.
Broadly speaking, in the Vedic plaster manufacturing business, after removing all the deductions like employee salary, raw material price, space rent, electricity payment and transportation related expenses, profit can be earned at the rate of at least Rs 04 to 08 per kilogram. This is a sign of very good profits.
How to make Vedic plaster at home?
To make Vedic plaster at home… factors need to be taken into consideration –
1. Environment and temperature of the place (Making plaster requires special attention to the humidity of the environment)
2. Availability of raw material
3. Storage place for finished goods
To make natural plaster at home, cow dung, lime and gypsum are required. This material can be easily obtained anywhere. Vedic plaster can be easily prepared by mixing these three.
What is the price of Vedic plaster?
The price of Vedic plaster prepared by Dr. Shiv Darshan Malik has been kept at Rs 210 per 25 kg in the current market. Interested people can contact Dr. Shiv Darshan Malik to buy this Vedic plaster.
Which animal’s dung is taken to make Vedic plaster?
Cow dung is considered most suitable for making Vedic plaster because many types of friendly microbes are found in cow dung. Also, according to the cow’s diet, the amount of fiber in cow dung is also higher as compared to other animals.
For how many years can Vedic plaster remain strong?
Compared to ordinary cement, the strength of Vedic plaster (Prakritik Plaster) is very long.
How much Vedic plaster is applied in 1 sqft?
Up to 01 kg of Vedic plaster is used in 01 sqft space, also natural plaster prepared from cow dung can be easily used on both external and internal walls of houses.
By what names is Vedic plaster known in the market?
Locally in India, Vedic plaster is known by many names for convenience-
1. Vedic plaster
2. Cow dung plaster
3. Cow dung Cement
4. Natural plaster
Generally, many people call the plaster made from cow dung as gypsum plaster, which is completely wrong. Gypsum plaster does not contain any trace of cow dung, whereas the first base for making Vedic plaster is cow dung.
At the end-
Considering the speed at which the prices of cement are increasing today due to rising inflation, we need to choose such components to build our house which are Eco-friendly, whose life is longer than the existing cement and also which can also be purchased at low cost. Vedic plaster meets all these standards. This has proved to be the best alternative to existing cement.
Our objective is to provide better and detailed information to those interested candidates, entrepreneurs and farmers who are looking or want to make their future in the field of cow dung based product manufacturing business.
Note- Before starting any business, it is mandatory to do market research and consumption assessment. By doing this, it will become easier for you to face the risks and difficulties in business and you will also be able to manufacture your products well as per the demand in the market.
Hope you must have got complete information about cow dung product manufacturing enterprise/business, trade or business from this article “How to start the business of making Vedic plaster from cow dung”, and also… if you have any questions. If you want, please write in the comment box.
If you liked the information given in the post, then do not forget to share it with your friends and other needy people. Your one share can determine the direction of someone’s future. That’s all for now-